Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Catching up.

Thought it was about time to catch you all up on what's going on in our world.  And.........we're done.  Okay, just kidding - but seriously, not too much has been happening as of late.

Not this past weekend, but the weekend before, my parents came for the weekend.  It was SO NICE to have them here - it had been since last summer since their last visit!!  Way too long.  And we had a great time.  I had a list of projects for the boys and mom and I went shopping.  That's fair, right?!? 

We all got a lot done.  Mom and I finished our baby registry at Target and Babies-R-Us, which is so nice to get that out of the way.  It was really hard for me to know really what we needed versus what is just nice to have but you don't really need.  Meanwhile, dad and Hal made a fair amount of trips to Menards, fixed a leaky toilet, remodeled our closet, and hung blinds in the window.  Unfortunately, since mom and I were gone during most of their work time, this is the only picture I got.


Saturday night we went out to one of our new favorite restaurants - Osaka Sushi & Hibachi.  It was soooo yummy, and pretty entertaining too!!

 
 
 
 
The place was pretty crowded, and we ended up waiting almost a half hour (it seemed) for our bill.  Some of us got a little antsy!
 


While mom and I were looking through Babies-R-Us and trying to decide on crib bedding, mom decided she could just as easily make a crib skirt and bumper since there wasn't really a set that I loved.  Yay.  So I went back to Joann's this past week during their "coupon commotion" and picked out some fabric for mom to make a valance for the room, a crib skirt and the bumper.  I can't wait to see it all put together!




Last night while I was making dinner the doorbell rang.  And look what we got!!!  Mom and dad got us our crib!!  I am beyond excited and can't wait to start putting it together.  Or I mean, for Hal to start putting it together!  hehe.  Maybe that will be our project for this coming weekend......



And, finally, just an update on the little fella growing in my belly.  He's as big as a cucumber this week!!  I thought that was pretty big, but when I showed it to Hal, he was like, "wow, he has some growing to do!"

I'm starting to, not really freak out, but just getting a little anxious maybe that it's coming fast!!   He'll be here in less than 14 weeks, Lord willing!  The first 14 went really fast it seemed like.  Ahhhh!!

 
Oh, and one other exciting little tid bit - I've been feeling Lincoln so much more lately.  I love it!  It's like ever since they told me I had an anterior placenta, I have felt more and more movement.  And the other night we even felt him move from the outside.  It was SO exciting!!!  We've been able to feel it twice since then from the outside.  But all of those times have been when we're in bed.  I sure hope this doesn't mean he thinks it's okay to be awake when it's bedtime.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love the fabric combo for the room and so fun on the crib too. Looks like it was a great weekend. I hope the next 14 weeks FLY by :)

    ReplyDelete