Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas Recap



You might have started to notice a trend here?  It usually takes at least a month to post about the latest event!  Oh well, I do my best!
 
We had a great week up north over Christmas, and as always it went way too fast.  But here's some highlights from the week.

 
 
It was fun to see Britta and Lincoln interact so much more.  They played nicely together, and would babble back and forth in their own language.  So cute.  I can't wait until they're running around together.....or maybe I can wait!  They might be double trouble!!

 
And then there's grandpa!  He loves to sit by Lincoln during mealtime and any time there's food around so he feed him all sorts of new things........even OYSTER STEW!!  And he liked it!  But at this point he likes pretty much anything he can put in his mouth.  So we'll have to wait and see if he's one of the few that actually enjoy that gross Block Christmas tradition!
 
 
 
Christmas Eve we enjoyed the big family gathering at Rex and Julie's this year and then a nice time back at mom and dad's opening gifts as a family.  We even got Jordan on Skype through the TV.  It was fun to have him "be there" with us to open gifts and just to talk.  I thought the second picture of us with him looked like Lincoln was giving him a high five.  The TV is kind of bright so it's hard to see Jordan's hand.

 
Lincoln enjoyed opening presents too!  Mostly he loved eating all the pretty wrapping paper.  I'm not sure why they haven't come out with flavored wrapping paper yet - I'm sure it would be a big hit!  He got lots of fun toys and cute clothes!
 


 
Hal and I took Jace in to Willie Walleye hill to go sledding one night.  I wasn't really looking forward to it as the warm house and couch just seemed a lot more comfy.  But I went.  And had a blast!!  It was so much fun - I can't wait to be able to get Lincoln out there with us!!
 
 
 
Speaking of that little guy, he turned six months old on Christmas Day!  I can't believe how fast the time is flying, and now we're only a week away from seven months! You can see he's sitting up completely on his own now and really moving around.  He's not technically crawling yet, but he can definitely get from one side of the room to the other by rolling and scooting and however else he can move himself without getting on his hands and knees!  It's fun to see all the new changes!  Oh, and he got his first TWO teeth a couple days before Christmas - his two bottom teeth.  I have yet to get a good picture of them, but they're pretty darn cute!  It seemed like a long time coming, but they finally pushed through!
 
 
 
And, of course, we got a little ice fishing in while we were there too!  Hal and I went out with dad one day, and then the entire family went out all day Saturday.  It was about 30 below and extremely windy that day.  Hal and I must have picked the short straw because we were given the drafty fish house.  So Lincoln and I only lasted about an hour and then it just got too cold for him.  The heater just wasn't able to push out enough heat to keep him warm enough.  He slept for the first half hour though so I was able to pull up four fish in that time, then had to leave so everyone else could catch up to me!
 
We always have so much fun at home with the family, and it was nice to be able to spend the entre week up north.  We're even heading back up this weekend to meet Lincoln's new cousin, Mandi!!



No comments:

Post a Comment