Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Third Trimester!!

Um, hi.  It's been awhile!  But I though I better get at least one belly shot before this next baby comes.  Nothing like waiting until the third trimester, right?!  Ugh - the life of a second child has already begun and she's not even here! :)
 
Today marks week 28 and it's been a really easy pregnancy once again, for which we are so thankful!  I don't know how I would ever manage working full time and chasing around an almost two-year old if I was sick and not feeling good, or having to take it easy on bed rest.  But I've felt great since day one.  I am usually pretty wiped at the end of the day, but isn't that the life of a toddler mom regardless?
 
We found out we were pregnant right away in January and I immediately thought, "this is going to be the longest pregnancy EVER!"  Um, nope, it has completely flown by!  I can't believe we're nearing the end already.  I'm sure it's because it's not all we're focused on this time and Lincoln keeps us plenty busy!
 
 
 
Speaking of Mr. Lincoln - he will be TWO next week.  I can't even believe it.  He has been such a joy, and I am SOO blessed to be his mommy.  He has us laughing constantly.  He's been sleeping in his big-boy bed for a couple weeks now and has transitioned pretty well.  The first weekend was flawless and we both thought "we should have done this a long time ago!"  But he quickly figured out that he wasn't confined anymore and now naptime has become a bit of a struggle.  Since Hal is off for the summer and been staying home with him, they usually end up napping together. :)  But he's been pretty good about staying put at night time.  He loves the independence of getting up in the morning and walking into our room - and I think it's adorable to see that blond little head pop in our door!  He is quite the talker and will repeat pretty much anything we say.  He loves airplanes and trains and playing catch, and is a bit of a daredevil - he loves to jump off of everything!  He loves to sing!  He'll sing along with his praise CD in the car and sings along to his veggie tale movies, too.  (But he's been watching them for about a year and a half, so no doubt he's got them memorized!)  He loves to sing along with me at night when we sing "You are my Sunshine" and "Rock-a-bye Baby."  It's pretty darn cute.  And he's starting to pray.  He'll fold his hands and talk real quiet - the only thing I can make out is "Grandpa" (naturally), and then "Amen!"  haha.
 
I'm not quite sure how he feels about having a new baby yet.  He knows there's a baby in mommy's tummy, but he doesn't really react too much when we talk about her.  He found her stash of pacifiers the other day and wasn't too happy when I wouldn't let him suck on them, so sharing might be an issue!  But he's always loved babies and is really good about being gentle with them and giving kisses, so I think he'll do just fine and fall in love with his baby sister, Lauren!
 

2 comments:

  1. just saw this! (carly wants a blog :) love the post, and your pics! you look so good! can't wait to meet lauren.. wish we lived closer, maybe Katie and I can make a trip down to meet her! - Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should come down! I'll be up north for a week or so in the middle of October, so if you're up there I'll get to see you, too!! :)

      Delete