Monday, June 17, 2013

D-Day

Well, today's the day!  But, really, I'm pretty sure that today is not the day......unless something drastic happens.  I feel fine.  I feel the same as I've felt almost the entire nine months.  I'm working today.  And so we just continue to wait.........
 
 

I had my 39-week appointment on Friday morning.  And although Lincoln is sitting pretty low, my cervix is still closed.  I had a pretty busy/active day at work Friday, and then tried to keep that going all weekend hoping to stir something up.  I got a bunch of laundry done, went grocery shopping, took Libby to the dog park, got a foot massage, did a couple sets of squats, bounced on my exercise ball........still nothing. 

We are learning to be patient and wait on the Lord and His timing.  My dad reminded me of the verse:  "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God."  We are trying not to be anxious, and have comfort in knowing that the Lord is in complete control and knows what is best for us and our little boy.  And we know that he is safe and healthy right where he's at for now, and the Lord will bring him to us when it's His perfect time.

So last night as we were relaxing on the couch watching the San Antonio Spurs beat the Miami Heat (yay!), Hal got up to refill his water cup, so I asked for a SMALL little bowl of ice cream - just a scoop or two - since he was up. 



And this is what I got.  WHAT?!?!  Needless to say, I needed help.  And that might have been his intention all along.  But I couldn't help but think.......I might kind of miss being pregnant!!  haha.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment