Thursday, September 5, 2013

Groupon Love!

Just want to gush about my renewed love for Groupon!  I've always loved Groupon - I mean who doesn't love a great deal.  I've gotten deals on Pilates classes, a conceal and carry class, restaurants, a photo session, a trip to Jamaica.....they have everything! 

Last fall I purchased a Groupon to have our vents and air ducts cleaned.  I even bought the higher level to have them clean out our dryer vent.  The deal expired in April, so in March I called to have it scheduled.  They couldn't fit us in until May, so I put it on the calendar.  When May rolls around, the company called and said they had to cancel, but to call their 800 number to reschedule.  So I did.  The customer service rep couldn't tell me why the appointment had to be canceled and then let me know they couldn't reschedule until July!  July!!  So I reluctantly put it on the calendar for the end of July.  The day came in July that we had the appointment scheduled for, and we waited, and waited, and waited.  They didn't show up.  Grrr.  I was getting really annoyed.  So I called the company and the customer service rep says, "oh we have a note that they left you a message canceling the appointment."  Um, nope, nobody called.  But they politely offered to reschedule....again!  I said, "sure I'll reschedule if somebody actually shows up this time."  They promised to put a  note on the file indicating that we had been rescheduled twice already and set a new appointment for the end of August.  So you can imagine how surprised I was when, again, NOBODY SHOWED UP for our August appointment, again, without even a call!!!

The problem with the whole situation, however, is I've already paid for the service.  Otherwise there's no way I would have bothered with this company after the first no-show!  I didn't think there was anything I could do though since I had already paid for it.

Oh, and I tried finding this company online and I can't.  Their name is "Quality Air. " But there are a ton of companies with that name out there.  And I'm pretty sure they aren't a local company because whenever I called them to reschedule, they would ask what state I was calling from.  So frustrating!

But this morning I called Groupon just to see what my options were.  They were beyond awesome!  They apologized for me having to deal with this company - they are going to revisit their agreement with them.  And I will have a credit for Groupon by the end of the day!  It may not seem like that big of a deal, but I literally thought I was just out $70!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment